Mobile Engagement SDK Integration Guide (iOS)
Step 1: Installation
The recommended way to use PWEngagement is via CocoaPods.
- Add the following pod to your
Podfile: pod 'PWEngagement'
- Do pod install
- Navigate to Build Phases inside your Xcode Projects and click on Link Binary With Libraries add following frameworks:
Step 2: p12 Push Notification Certificate
Step 3: Application Setup
Add the following key/values to your application's Info.plist file:
Required background modes:
App registers for location updates(This value allows the app to keep users informed of their location, even while it is running in the background.)
App downloads content in response to push notifications(This value allows the app to regularly download remote notifications.)
MaaSAppId : The application ID matching the server choice.
- MaaSAccessKey : The accesskey for your application.
- MaaSSignatureKey : The signature key for your application.
- NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription: The message you want to display on the prompted alert when the user grants the app permission to use the location service.
Step 4: Application Initialization
Objective-C Bridging Header for Swift projects (Option)
Step 5: Beacon and Geofence Registration
Step 6: Remote Notification Handling
Step 7: Fetching/Updating Profile Attributes
Step 8: Listening for and Receiving Notifications
Deep Linking (Option)
Promotions Handling (Option)
PWMessaging PWEngagement API documentation is included in the Documents folder in the repository as both HTML and as a .docset. You can also find the latest documentation here: Introduction to Mobile Engagement SDK Reference (iOS)